Orgasm on Bells Bridge

For the the double Rs to have a clean car back then like that we just had an orgasm.


Style Wars


Last week it looked as if there was an outbreak of Covid On Bells Bridge in Glasgow's city centre. It was locked at both ends and two men in what looked like hazmat suits could be seen hosing down the fifteen pillars that hold up its canopy. 

 















 

Yet, it wasn't Covid they were cleaning from its surfaces but my stencils (over three hundred of them) that I had put up earlier this year over the course of April, May, and June. I can't complain, I got a better run than most exhibitions and to be honest I was waiting for the cleaners to come. Why? Because I couldn't be bothered cleaning it myself, since I have, over the past few months, been 'too busy' preparing the next 'exhibit'. This is the orgasm: a completely clean bridge, and me with over 200 new stencils in my rucksack. I didn't want to paint over my own stuff, and since the public here seem to have taken quite a liking to it, they haven't painted over it either, so I had to wait not knowing if or when it would be cleaned. But now that it has, there are few feelings quite like it.



No comments:

Post a Comment