Ships Passing


Just the other day whilst sitting at Clydebank reading, this enormous frigate passed me almost without my seeing it. The stealth of these big beasts is remarkable considering their size. It kind of lets you know that it is possible to be big and quiet at the same time... Try telling that to your neighbours!






















































Just on the right of the picture, you can see the Loch Humphrey path working its way up over the shoulder of the Kilpatrick Braes. That steep bit nearing the top is affectionately known by all those who have walked it (or tried to cycle it!) as The Bastard.





























This blue beauty again passed me while I was blabbing away to another cyclist waiting for the ferry. Complete inattentional blindness on my part. It actually passed me completely before I caught it in the corner of my eye, and I was miffed, because I had just missed out on a great photo. This one doesn't do it justice.






























This the Freeway / Causeway dredger in June plying the Clyde for the duration of the month. This is from Braehead with the Harbour Head crane in the background.






























The dredger turning around at Greenock and heading back up the Clyde towards Glasgow.


No comments:

Post a Comment