Le Cinema Est Sur Le Pont


Cinema is on the bridge.... a little wisdom in the wind, which was blowing quite strongly this afternoon when I ventured down to do a little stencilling. Nevertheless, in spite of the wind, and the rain on occasion, none of my stencils have ever blown away. I use my bike lock as paperweight no less, but even so, all it takes is a strong gust and it's off the pillar I've just glued it to. At any rate, cinemas are closed and so are galleries, and so are philosophical cafes... so I thought it would be a good excuse if the polis ever happened upon me from behind to say this: that in the interests of some 'entertainment' during lockdown, I thought it might be an idea to gallerize this bridge (which must have about 70 of my stencils on it so far). I mean, you'd have to be some heartless polis to arrest someone for decorating a bridge with 'insight' into man's abberant condition. Especially considering the positive response I've heard when I've been down there on the job.
































No comments:

Post a Comment