Cleaning Your Rug

No, I don't mean washing your hair, but actually cleaning that rug that's been lying on your carpet in the middle of your living room since you don't now when. I did it the other day, and boy oh boy did I get a shock at how filthy the carpet underneath actually was. This was because when I removed the rug, it revealed a whiteness to my carpet that the visible portion had long since lost. It was dirty window syndrome all over, or equally dirty mind syndrome. And this really is our state of mind under 'the filthy' and that industrialized state which defiles and exploits Nature. Our minds like my living room carpet have slowly been subsumed under 'that which does not renew itself' and anti-Nature habits. We don't notice it though, since our awareness depends on self-renewal in order to perceive reality as it is. Instead, we think in our deluded states that the carpet is still white. But it's not. It's absolutely manky. And it should be thrown out and replaced.




No comments:

Post a Comment