Kermit by Kilbarchan
















Boy was I surprised at how evil some people can be when I came across poor Jeanne Moreau's 'figure' defaced so violently. I had put up a stencil of her (see previous post) on an opportune plaque along the sustrans cycle path at Kilbarchan. The following week when I passed here, I noticed (you couldn't not notice) that someone had taken their keys or a knife to the wood itself upon which it was painted and gouged it so violently that I actually wanted to meet this 'evil person' to ask him why he did it. At any rate, today I painted over it as best as I could and put Kermit up in Moreau's place. But the site has been ruined for good I fear due to this moron's antics. What can you do? You put up some art and people destroy it. Go figure.








No comments:

Post a Comment