Putting Your Finger On It

Today I returned from a beautiful cycle into the hills only to see a mural that had been started that morning at the end of my street getting finished. I stopped to enquire as to what they were painting and it turned out they were celebrating the nature of our neighbourhoods, Cessnock, Ibrox, and Govan. There were newts, bats, a bird man (of Pollok), a local pond, and a badger (Ibrox meaning the place of the badger). There were no people, no pets, no smartphones, and no cars. And then I saw my name, Roman, that the artist had just signed in the middle of the mural not because this was his name but because, apparently, someone had walked by with a dog called Roman. And I just couldn't put my finger on it, the strangeness, the synchronicity, of my extolling the virtues of Nature these past couple of years in this area amongst others via the stencil. I had never put my name to them though, and so I chortled at the coincidence. That somehow the universe was saying something to me, that somehow I was saying something to myself. But I just couldn't put my finger on it.




No comments:

Post a Comment