Chef D'Oeuvre: Cooker Art

'Cooker', when I worked abroad as an ESOL teacher (teaching English to speakers of other languages), was 'the person who cooked', the chef in other words. It was the one vocabulary mistake that you could guarantee with even the most proficient of speakers. At any rate, they were all surprised when they discovered that the cooker was actually the mechanism, that big metal thing with gas and electric pipes going into it from the back. 

Ok, prologue over... 


























My cooker, that big metal thing, is a work of art. It's actually a canvas that I clean maybe every three months or so, and then 'repaint'. One of my brothers cleans his cooker every time he uses it. I think this is daft, for not only are you creating more work for yourself, but you are missing out on a wonderful opportunity to see this big metal thing 'grow'.


































And it does grow. This is what art is: growth in its original form. And so I only clean my cooker a few times a year like pruning a plant that gets too wayward. It's a wonderful thing watching the organic - Nature - add the finishing touches to your masterpiece ;)














A Natural Jackson Pollock...

























No comments:

Post a Comment